Sunday, 20 September 2015

'Everything happens for a reason'

I apologise for being MIA recently, it's been a crazy few months. Well year. I have felt the lowest I have EVER felt in my life and to be perfectly honest, struggling. Everyone around me is trying to be  supportive and get me through difficult situations and I'm doing everything I can to get to the 'light at the end of the tunnel.' When people say 'Everything happens for a reason' I just think to myself, Well why has that happened? And then overthink even more. I am writing this post to say, yes sometimes life does suck, and everything does seem like it can go wrong. But here are a few things that have been helping me recently.

Go for walks.
Walking is so good for you. You get to exercise, look at beautiful scenery if you go somewhere nice, like the countryside and unwind. I love to walk, Because i'm stuck in an office 5 days a week, it's great to actually stretch your legs and de stress. And remember, Take plenty of photos!



Get out there.
No matter how much you want to stay in bed all day, get out. Have a pamper session, get your hair restyled (I did.) Go out for nice food. Spend time with family and friends.Go to a concert/gig. (OMG Florence and the machine and Foo Fighters were incredible!)  Doing these things, doesn't necessarily take your mind off your problems completely, but might for a few hours.



Yoga 
I have been literally obsessed with going to yoga and body balance every week. It's not only good for you physically but also mentally. Stretches out all your body, makes it strong and makes you sleepy at the end! I love going with my friend as well so we can laugh at each other falling over.

Write it down.
Recently, I bought myself a rather large notepad. Nothing fancy (that's if you call a leather notepad fancy), and i've been starting to write. Whether it be a shopping list, a bucket list, things to do in the future, or just a plain old diary style. Some days I write down every problem or anxious feeling in a diary style way and some days I just write things that i'm grateful for. And strangely enough it really helps.


Talk to people. 
When you feel down, the best thing to do is open up. Since I was young I was always told  that when i'm upset I must show my feelings. (Hate it!!) Some people can hold it in, I wish I could, but can't. But then in a way, this is good because I get to let it out and I have a great support from my best friends and family. Sometimes I do feel, How many people do I have to tell to feel better?

Book a holiday.
So I have done something crazy. Something spontaneous. Something even my favourite saying YOLO, has made me even scared to say. I'm going on holiday. On my own. Next year. To... CHINA! I am so excited, but so unbelievably scared and anxious. I wish I could just jump on the plane now. But little inpatient  me, is going to have to wait.



What are your tips and tricks for happiness when you're feeling low?

#candycamerasearchforhappiness 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hello! I really enjoyed reading this blog post! I agree with everything you've written, and wish I could find more blog posts like this. I will continue to read your blog!!! ;)

    Love Emily

    http://www.downemilylane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting and for your kind words! Glad you enjoyed the post, expect more posts like this in the future :)

      Delete

© Life with Mand . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig