Wednesday, 14 October 2015

My Lip Filler Experience!

I've been so excited to blog about this. For a long time now I have been called 'Horsey' or 'Gummy'/'Gummy bear' because when I smiled, you could see my hideous large gums. My lip would disappear when I smiled and when wearing lipstick, my lips weren't even. So I made the decision to have lip filler. Not because people were calling me names/pressuring me, But because I wanted it. Already I feel so much more comfortable and confident. (And that's with a bruise and swelling still!) 
I never in a million years thought I would have lip filler but after working in the beauty industry for a while, I found out information on all these amazing treatments you could have. Like skin peels! Now that I don't work with beauty anymore, I still wanted to keep up with my appearance and to make more of  an effort with myself. I was speaking with the nurse I used to work with and we went through the procedure, the benefits, the aftercare etc. I had a consultation and went away to have a think about it. Two weeks after my skin peel, I went back to see the nurse with Numbing cream all over my top lip. Every day before my treatment, I was constantly watching YouTube videos of people's experiences with lip filler and most of them said they had numbing cream and a dental blocker. I thought to myself, I'm definitely having a dental block!! But in the end I just had numbing cream and it was fine.  I'm not going to lie, I was nervous, my palms were sweating, and so scared it was going to hurt as I'm not good with pain. I had the treatment and honestly, I'm not lying, It didn't hurt. I thought the people on the videos were over exaggerating, but they really weren't. It did hurt a little on the cupid's bow, but I think that was because I didn't apply as much cream there. 

So the pictures I'm going to show you are still a little swollen and bruised, But as I said, I've been so excited to post about my lips, I went bull at a gate and blogged as soon as I could. I will also post in a few weeks time to show what they look like fully healed. 


You've probably heard it all before but, If you are thinking about having lip filler, Here's a few Do's and Don'ts:
1.DO.
Find a Nurse/Doctor/Practitioner with the correct training and has a good reputation and knows what they are doing. 
2. DON'T. 
Just go with someone because they are cheap. Everyone likes a bargain, but not when it comes to a chemical being injected into your body. 
3. DO. 
Plenty of research before hand. I was constantly finding out more and more information on everything to do with the procedure.
4.DO. 
Ask plenty of questions if you have any. Even if it's the day of your treatment or your consultation, Ask away. 
5. DON'T.
Be pressured into having lip filler.And don't just think you are going to look like you have duck lips or turn into the next Kylie Jenner. Only put the amount of product you want, or needed. Lip filler can look very natural or very dramatic depending on the look you are going for. 
6.DON'T
Feel like you're being judged because of having a treatment. Some people look at me and I feel like they are judging me because of it. But at the end of the day, I wanted it, It's my body, I'll look however I want to look. With or without lip filler. Yes I may be swollen and bruised a little bit (TINY amount) but that's not how i'm going to look forever. 
7. DO.
Love yourself with or without lip filler. Remember you're beautiful and confident. The reason I had filler was to even my lips out, they are not completely even or how I want them 100% but like with anything, they can be worked on. But I must admit, I feel that it was one of the best decisions i've made. 



UPDATES COMING SOON :) 
What do you think about lip filler? Have you ever had the treatment?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life with Mand . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig