Sunday, 15 November 2015

Getting into a 'rut' about your future

I have never knew what I wanted to do with my career or my life for as long as I can remember. In school, they helped people who knew what they were doing, and not the people that didn't. I felt that my friends knew what they wanted to do, go to college, start working or start university. I was interested in lots of different things, and I'm the person that changes my mind like the weather. Recently I have studied lots of different things, been in beauty jobs, retail, food, all sorts. And now, I feel like I'm where I am meant to be, and that's completely different to what I thought.  Anyway, after speaking to my mum the other day, I really felt like I had to blog about this. My mum has worked all her life, been in many different jobs over the years, and now doesn't know what to do with her life. She said to me she felt like she was in a rut. Being 'old' she probably wouldn't get the opportunities a younger person would get. I asked her if she had any ideas of what she would like to do, or if she was to leave her job, what she would do. But she didn't know. Many people get stuck in a job for years and years, like my mum and scared to leave their comfort zone because of this. Money gets you food on the table, and without a job, how are you meant to do that?

Are you in a job you love? Are you where you thought you would be?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life with Mand . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig