Friday, 8 January 2016

The Best Decision I Ever Made...

What did you do for New Year? Were you surrounded by loved ones, drinking the year away? I did something a little different this year after a brilliant but slightly anxious Christmas.. I went on a yoga retreat, By myself. This may sound crazy to some, but for me, I realised it was the best decision I have ever made. If I knew that doing something like this would make me feel like a different person, make me feel happy and content for the first time in what seems to be forever I would of done it a long time ago.

I booked the retreat with a company called 'AdventureYogi' and you got the choice to either go to Suffolk or Oxford. I chose the Oxfordshire retreat as there were more days included. The house we stayed at was Poundon House which was a beautiful manor house with amazing views. I met some incredible people whose friendship I hope to keep for a long time. I got to relax more than I ever have before, especially with the massages. I practised yoga I never thought existed. I walked through beautiful countryside, Tasted the most delicious, filling vegetarian food and had a lot of baths. I literally walked out of the house feeling like a different person, I felt that all my troubles were left behind, my heartbreak felt a lot more healed, my worries and fears seemed very distant. This may sound so crazy, but I just felt alive. I didn't miss alcohol or processed food or anything for that matter. I could of easily stayed for a long, long time.

What did you do for New Year? Have you ever been to a yoga retreat?


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. What an amazing experience you had. I have never done a yoga retreat but after reading this blog I am very interested to go ahead and do it. The house it was held in looks amazing, beautiful countryside. My wife would also really enjoy something like this. Perhaps I will organize something like this for her birthday next month. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

© Life with Mand . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig