Monday, 2 May 2016

Coco Before Chanel

Something big has happened in my personal life and because of that, I am not at home with my computer, camera equipment etc. I have plenty of things to post about as I have been buying products to test out by the dozen but for now, this week it'll be film reviews, as I have been watching quite a few...

I can't believe I have never watched 'Coco Before Chanel', It is a 2009 film about the early life of the fashion designer Coco Chanel (real name Gabriel Chanel) starring Audrey Tautou.  I have been loving documentary type films about icons recently and didn't want this film to end. I wouldn't say I know anything about any fashion designers, I leave that to my best friend Conor, but watching this film really made me want to know more about these people and their ever-growing fashion empires.  It makes you think, nobody gets to where they want to be in just a day. You have to work hard for it. Chanel grew up as an orphan, nuns taught her how to sew and she was a seamstress and on the side a dancer/singer at night time. Her style caught many people's attention and she started making people hats and long story short opened up many stores and then starting creating clothing. I don't want to give too much away if you haven't seen it already but it is such a lovely film to watch (I probably say that in most film review posts) and is definitely on my list of favourite films.

Have you ever watched this film? Who is your favourite fashion icon?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life with Mand . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig