Monday, 20 February 2017

Money or Happiness?

At my age, people say you should be working harder than ever, saving every penny you earn so you can buy your own place, and exhausting every part of your body just to earn a good living. Don't get me wrong, I would love to own my own house and I hope one day in the future I will be able to do that. And of course I want to earn a good wage so I can enjoy my life and not have to worry about not having enough. But is that enough?

I decided to cut my hours down at work so I would be working four days a week instead of five and now I am constantly being asked if I'll be OK. If I am going to be able to live OK. 'Why do  you need another day off, you already have two days at the weekend?'

Sometimes you have to reflect on your life, think about what makes you happy and what doesn't. What fulfills you and what brings you down. I struggle with anxiety and mental health, like most people. And I find it hard to stop being on the go all the time. My panic/anxiety attacks are a lot less frequent, thank goodness, and that is mainly because I just don't let the things that used to affect me. I don't care so much. The atmospheres around me have had a big impact on this too. When I feel that I am in a negative space, I try to distance myself from it. For work example, of course I have to work, but having one extra day makes me feel motivated, this job isn't going to be forever, I will find a much better career to work in that  will get me 'up the ladder' but for now, I am where I am. I have to wait until the time is right, go with the flow of what the universe wants me to do.If that means having to be in a little negative space, I have to deal with it instead of constantly running away.

And if I want to only work four days a week instead of five, why is that anyone's business but my own? Of course I will be ok, I am doing what makes ME happy.

Yes money is great, especially when you can treat yourself or others. But I would much rather be a bit more grounded, calm and happy than have lots of money in the bank.  Happiness, self love, knowing yourself and your limits. That's important.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life with Mand . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig