Monday, 13 March 2017

Reflecting whilst walking

When life gets crazy and you feel stressed or got lots on your mind,what do you do? I go for a walk. I find this helps so much, walking in the woods, in the countryside or just walking to the shops, you get to think about everything. Without being on your phone connecting with most of the world, you are connecting to nature, to yourself.

I have been 'working on myself' for quite a while now, making myself a better, more confident person. Making a life for myself, learning from my mistakes, not letting people control or use me and trying to make better decisions. This is one of the hardest things I have had to. Truly focusing on  yourself is harder than you think. It's still working progress, but I really feel that taking a bit of time out of my day, walking, reflecting, even meditation, it has changed my life.

I have even tried to get my Nanna out walking, even though she moans all the way there and all the way back, it's good for both of us. We reflect on life, on what we want to do in the future, she has a good ol' gossip to me, we share what's making us happy and unhappy and it's great. Those two miles we walk to my Grandad's grave makes us closer, able to talk to each other about anything and everything, and even though she says she hates going, secretly she loves it!


Now that might sound a bit silly, but I bet you have found yourself having a little walk when stressed helps too!




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life with Mand . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig